Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hello World

I have never liked personal blogs, specially those that works as an on-line diary, where people publish things like: "today I have taken my dog to vet" or "my nephew was born yesterday". I think all that is so boring. But it can be very useful if you are in love with some blogger girl. In this case, you can read her blog (and/or her Orkut page) to learn more about her preferences and habits, and use this information to try to conquer her. Maybe it is the aim of many bloggers: supply clues about themselves to someone who may be interested in them.

I’ve realized that Fotologs are better for that purpose. These illustrated blogs are playing the role of electronic personal diaries, while the traditional blogs have become more “institutional”.
Yesterday I read an interview with David Sifry, the founder of Technorati – the first blog’s search engine on the web (http://www.technorati.com). The interview was entitled: “One day, everybody will have a blog”. Sifry speaks about how blogs are helping customers’ relationship with several corporations. Besides, blogs are a new democratic channel, where everyone can publish their opinion. Blogs of professionals, like journalists, lawyers, researchers, politicians and CEOs can be very influential nowadays.

I don’t know if David Sifry is right and one day, everybody will have a blog. At least, I’m doing my part creating this Blog. But my objective is not to reveal things about myself and make my life public; I just want to use this page to improve my English writing skill.

No comments: